Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Caudalie- trying what's natural

Since everyone on Youtube has been talking about Caudalie, I decided that I cannot live in a French-speaking country & not mention it, too. After all, Belgium might have bad weather, but pharmacies here are just as amazing as in France!

I actually knew Caudalie for a while. And I have to say that I always liked the company’s philosophy. It’s been created by a lovely couple: Mathilde and Bertrand Thomas in Bordeaux, France. In 1993, during the harvest of Château Smith Haut Lafitte, Mathilde and Bertrand met Professor Joseph Vercauteren & that meeting changed their lives forever. The professor shared with them one his splendid discoveries of anti-aging properties of grape seeds, which according to him were the most powerful antioxidants produced by nature. Two years later, in 1995, having registered a patent for extracting and stabilising grape-seed Polyphenols, the Caudalie brand was born. The brand uses natural and environmentally friendly active ingredients with raw materials of controlled origin and Ecocert certified preservatives.


The Caudalie ingredients (from their website):
What we like
  • Organic grape water, grape-seed oil, Vinolevure®
  • Plant oils (fair trade argan, borage, evening primrose, hibiscus, sesame)
  • Moisturizing active ingredients (cassia angustifolia, pea)
  • Fair trade shea butter
  • Natural emulsifiers
  • Sage, camomile, flax seed
  • Avocado and apricot butters
  • Ginseng, ginger, echinacea
  • Orange and lemon plant waters
  • Extracts of Indian Hyssop, lemon, juniper, broom, geranium, rosemary and fresh peppermint

What we don't like and you will not find in our products 
  • Parabens
  • Phenoxyethanol
  • Mineral oils
  • Genetically modified organisms
  • Paraffin
  • Synthetic artificial colorings
  • Sodium laureth sulfate
  • Phthalates
  • Animal-derived raw materials
Since recently my skin has been acting up, I decided to visit one of the pharmacies by my office & get some Caudalie help. I mean, all natural means all good, but in this case, I figured I really wanted to try it out.
I lucked out, as not only did I get the Beauty Elixir & the Vinosource Face Cream, but they were also selling a limited edition gift set with smaller size Chap Stick & hand cream.


Beauty Elixir
Grape, Orange blossom, Rose, Balm mint, Rosemary.
Inspired by Queen Isabelle of Hungary’s elixir of youth, this treatment smoothes away fine lines, tightens pores and gives the complexion a real boost of radiance.

That’s what's written on the label. As for my feelings so far- even though the scent is a bit herbal, I really like what it does to my skin. It definitely does help out with the redness & irritation. So far, so good.

Moisturizing Sorbet
Grape water, Camomile & Grape-seed Polyphenols.
Sensitive skin saviour: This Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet has an immediate and long-lasting calming and soothing action. It reactivates the skin’s hydration mechanisms and restores its water reserves. As skin becomes stronger, it feels softer and more comfortable.

I used it only for 2 days, but I already love it. My skin looks & feels much happier. And that’s exactly what I wanted. I’ll keep you updated on how it’s going.

Caudalie Lip Conditioner
Anti-oxidants
It’s nice & rich. Its creamy formula leaves your lips nourished & soft. I think I can safely say that I like it a lot.

Hand & Nail Creme
Nourishing, anti-oxidant
I heard a lot of good things about this cream, so I was really excited to try it out. Unfortunately, so far, my favourite Ahava hand cream is still the winner. Nothing unusual happens to my skin, but I'll report back if I see any dramatic difference.

4 comments:

  1. od dawna chce kupic beauty elixir, moze wlasnie teraz? A tak w ogole to po Twojej rekomendacji kupilam Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum (ale jeszcze nie sprobowalam :P), jak bedzie zle to "I'll be back" :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no to mam nadzieje,ze sie skusisz.fajny produkt.wiesz, nie zmieni twojej skory od razu,ale daje fajne uczucie odswiezenia i lagodzi zaczerwienienia.
      a co do podkladu,to mam wielka nadzieje,ze ci sie spodoba.ja tesknie:-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. it is good, isnt it?!
      I really like the refreshing feeling it gives your skin
      thanks for passing by & commenting!

      Delete