Today's post will be quick- just as this delicious lasagne with zucchini & ricotta cheese.
I found this lovely recipe on Magda's blog http://fitfoodpolska.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/lazania-z-cukinia.html
but as you'll quickly realize, only those of you who speak Polish will get to read it :-) Sorry, all international folks. At this point, I'd like to say that Magda also has a YouTube channel, so you guys should check it out, too.
If you like the silly little picture I took yesterday evening, & you'd want to prepare this super tasty dish, here's the recipe in English :-)
- Olive oil, for baking dish
- 1 container ricotta cheese
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 medium zucchini halved lengthwise, then sliced thinly crosswise
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 6 no-boil lasagna noodles (I used the veggie ones)
- mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 185 degrees. Lightly oil a square baking dish; set aside.
- On a frying pan, fry your zucchini & peppers. Add ricotta; season with salt and pepper. At the end, add some garlic, oregano; season with salt and pepper.
- Spread 1/3 zucchini mixture in prepared baking dish; top with 3 lasagna noodles, then 1/3 ricotta mixture. Spread some tomatoe sauce on top. Repeat twice with remaining zucchini mixture, noodles, ricotta mixture, and sauce, making sure to finish with the ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella or any other cheese you like.
- Bake until bubbly for 30 min. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.